Cannot create Confluence

Mikhail Davydov December 2, 2021

Hi Atlassian Community!

I'm a Super Admin at Jira space leasoft.

For some reason we didn't have Confluence there and it wasn't a problem for last 6 months. However, recently we understood we require it and I tried to create it in the following steps:

1. Tried firstly to navigate there by changing the URL from leasoft/jira to leasoft/wiki, but expectedly got 404 :)
2. Tried to create a Confluence with space name 'leasoft', being logged in in Atlassian account, but it showed an error (don't remember the exact text), hence, out of curiosity I typed 'leasoft-wiki' at the Confluence was created!
3. At first I was happy, but then looked into my 'Switch to...' window and realized that I've created not a Confluence, but an additional space 'leasoft-wiki'.

Hence, at this point I have 'leasoft' space with just Jira and 'leasoft-wiki' space with Jira and Confluence. Where I need just a 'leasoft' space with Jira and Confluence.

What shall be done to make it happen?

PS: I went to Administration thinking I'll be able either to delete the unnecessary space or to rename it, but it was futile.
I sent a request to Support, however, received no reply, as well as even cannot find my request at this point.

An Update: Looks like I'm Super Admin of 'leasoft-wiki' space, but not Super Admin of 'leasoft' space which is weird, but the biggest problem is that I cannot see who is the Super Admin, I can just write to him (which I did several days ago), but there is no email specified or something else.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2021

Hello Mikhail,

Thank you for raising this on Atlassian Community! My name is Shannon, and I'm happy to assist you.

I understand you were trying to add Confluence to your Cloud site, and by doing so, you inadvertently ordered a 2nd Cloud site at leasoft-wiki. Since these are two separate sites, that's why you are admin for only the wiki site.

You're unable to order additional products on your primary Cloud site because you are listed as a basic user, and you need to be a site admin to add new products. Refer to Make user a site admin to learn how your admins can add you as a site admin.

Next, watch our video, Manage your product subscriptions in Jira Cloud to see how you would add Confluence once you have the necessary permissions:

Once they add Confluence to your site, you can access it via the /wiki link as you tried earlier.

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

Mikhail Davydov December 13, 2021

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your reply. We were able to manage this!

As it appeared the 'leasoft' was created by another user, that's why I wasn't able to add Confluence there. I've found him and he granted me the Admin permissions.

Best regards,

Mikail

Mikhail Davydov December 13, 2021

The question can be closed, however, I cannot find any option for me to close it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events