We seem to have lost the abiliy to copy/paste images into pages as of 2019-09-19. Is this an issue with the new editor ting ?
* Creating a new page and pasting an image-> nothing happens.
* going /files and selecting "Files and Images" -> nothing happens.
* Documentet at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/display-files-and-images-724765104.html , however Insert -> Files menu is missing
* Going to existing older pages (likely created by old editor), all this works fine.
(Tested with latest Chrome and Firefox)
Help, what's going on ?
Hello there, @Nils_Olav_Selåsdal!
Thanks for pointing that out. Our documentation about files and images for Cloud does indeed point to the old experience we had. This new experience (The Fabric Editor) is still being rolled out. So it is not present for 100% of our users yet!
Some changes came through with the new editor. We can check a few posts about them. Here, take a look:
One of such changes was the file upload interaction. We are fully capable of file upload within Fabric. There is, however, a different button for us to look for.
Here is how:
- Go to the desired page
- Click the “picture” button in the toolbar
- Select from recent files or Upload a file
Now, the copy-and-paste behaviour was readily replicable in my instance. What I got to do to work around it was to use the drag and drop method. This worked like a charm on my side. Would it be possible for you to try it out, Nils?
Also, could you clarify if the copy-and-paste of images used to work in the new editor or if you are facing the issue since you started using it?
Hope this sheds some light on the problem, Nils! Looking forward to your reply.
Hope you don't mind me responding to this old post.
We recently put fixes in for the copy and paste experience.
We've captured most use cases. Hopefully this should be working better for you now.
We'll be looking at some remaining use cases and edge cases related to copy and paste soon.
All the best
- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events