Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to MySQL

Veerle Deschepper August 17, 2017

I'm moving from Atlassian cloud stack to self-hosted. Debian servers, one web, one mysql. I've installed all the software and connectors. Jira installed perfectly - despite having an login issue (other question)

BUT I cannot even install Confluence, it doesn't want to connect to the database hosted on the other server. I am not that familiar with JDBC but I am with MySQL and webtech in general. I don't understand why Jira works while Confluence doesn't - even the connection wizard is different.

Have a meeting now, will look further into this later. Just hope the import/export from Cloud works better then from Jira. :-/

1 answer

0 votes
Veerle Deschepper August 17, 2017

Found the solution: something messed up the users on the MySQL servers. But now after the import failed, I cannot do anything anymore and have a the 

Confluence does not start due to Spring Application context has not been set

error. I've cleared the db, removed the xml config file a bunch of times to no avail. The import failed. My server meets the minimum requirements al be it just.

My confluence cloud does not have much data yet, so I want to start over with a fresh install - but I'm a bit puzzled why it doesn't work at all anymore. I was expected to get the wizard again after removing the file.

it is the file in the app_data dir? or is there another one?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2017

You should get the setup wizard again if you delete confluence.cfg.xml in the root of the confluence home directory, defined in <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties.

Since you are starting over you may as well delete the whole home directory. The startup will recreate it.

I recommend running through the whole setup wizard, then restoring your Cloud data through the Backup and Restore page of the Confluence admin console, rather than importing during the setup wizard.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events