Cannot change space logo anymore

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

Hello everyone,

I recently found that I can't upload space logos anymore. This used to work, though (I have lots of spaces with individual logos).
I can't neither update existing logos nor update the default logo of new spaces.

Error: An error occurred while uploading the logo

I tried to find out something by looking into the logs (e.g. catalina.out), but didn't find anything helpful.
Has somebody got an idea?

Cheers,
Kirstin

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

Thank you, Nic and Guliano.

Now, I tried the following:

• Copy the logo file to this system.
  • Access Confluence with localhost:<portnumber> to bypass the apache proxy.
  • Upload the picture = success

Second, I tried the following:

• Copy the logo file to this system.
  • Access Confluence with "normal" link
  • Upload the picture = success

It seems to depend on the location of the logo file.?

For the moment I can live with that. I don't have to change logos very often.

Cheers,
Kirstin

1 vote
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2015

Hi Kirstin, 

Since it have started to happen recently and no major changes were performed, can you check if you have all the correct ownerships inside the attachments directory tree (chown -R confluence, for example)? It's worth to also check the permissions for the user running Confluence Home and Data directory. 

If this is critical for you, don't hesitate to raise a support case through https://support.atlassian.com 

Hope it helps ya!

Regards, 

Giuliano

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2015

what does the atlassian-confluence.log say?   It should at least echo "an error occurred while uploading" in there.

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2015

There's nothing in the atlassian-confluence.log. I produced the error and searched the log file directly afterwards for the error message and my username, and had a look at the end of the file. The latest log message had been an our ago. Does that mean the problem lies somewhere within our network?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2015

Quite probably. I'd expect permission errors mentioned by Giuliano to throw errors into the logs, but that's not always the case. With nothing going into the log at all, it's quite hard to find anything specific, so I'd go with "raise a support call with Atlassian" next!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events