Cannot access wiki page after server reboot

Vinnie O-Hare August 23, 2019

We had a wiki server reboot early this morning (Server 2019 standard) and now none of my staff can access the wiki page (it times out).  I have stopped and restarted the Atlassian Confluence.0 Confluence230419090421 service as well as the Kaseya Agent and Kaseya Agent Endpoint services and still nothing.  Are there any additional services that need to be started that I am missing?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

How long did you wait for it to come back up? Our Confluence instance typically takes about 10 minutes to be accessible after the system has rebooted and the service has started. Also, Kaseya is not related to Confluence and will not affect the availability of Confluence in any way.

It has been back up now for over two hours and is still not accessible.

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

@Vinnie O-Hare 

Hi Vinnie,

what about the db that is used by confluence, does that one also reside on the server you rebooted.

Did you take a look to the log files to figure out if there are any exceptions thrown?

Cheers

Kurt

I am not sure where the db is located, and I do know that quite a few of the servers rebooted (power loss) around the same time.  Our Network Admin is on vacation and is unreachable.  Is there an easy way to tell where the db is located?

It looks like that might be it, as I am now getting the following error when trying to connect to our wiki page.

DATABASE: DATABASE CONNECTION FAILED

How can I tell where my database is located?

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2019

@Vinnie O-Hare 

Hi Vinnie

you will find the db connection information within the confluence.cfg.xml

located at <confluence_home>/confluence.cfg.xml

See also

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-find-confluence-s-database-connection-parameters-779172320.html#targetText=Solution,confluence.cfg.xml%20file.

Cheers

Kurt

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2019

If you look int this file you can find the location of the database. Look for an entry called hibernate.connection.url. That is the connection to the database.

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\confluence.cfg.xml 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events