Cannot Insert Jira Query with "Total issue count" into a confluence page

Karen Michaels July 12, 2021

I have a confluence page with numerous queries.  I have used the “Insert Jira Issue/Filter” operation enter a query and then in the “Display options” section I choose “Total issue count” and Click “Insert”.  This usually adds a link that shows the issue count.  The count is a link to a page to run the query.   However, If I use a complex query that includes dbValuesMatching, nothing gets added to the page.  If I use a simpler query, the issue count gets added to the page.

This seems to be a problem with the query.  I can insert the issue count into many of my pages with other queries.  For this specific query, I can insert the table of issues into any page.  But, I cannot insert the issue count into any page.

The problematic query looks something like this (I have removed the proprietary information):

((("Aaa" in dbValuesMatching(Bbb, 1111)) and assignee in membersOf(group1)) OR (("Aaa" in dbValuesMatching(Bbb, 1111)) and ("Aaa" not in (dbValuesMatching(Ccc, ddd),dbValuesMatching(Ccc, EMDBU),dbValuesMatching(Ccc, eee),dbValuesMatching(Ccc, fff),dbValuesMatching(Ccc, ggg),dbValuesMatching(Ccc, hhh))) and assignee in membersOf(group2))) and type in ("Bug") AND status IN (list-of-status-values) and "Fix By" ~ "iii" ORDER BY  created desc

Has anyone else seen this issue?   Are there any suggestions for how to insert the Jira count into our page?

We are using Atlassian Confluence 7.4.8.

Thanks.Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 1.34.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-12 at 1.36.40 PM.png

Karen

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2022

For any other user that encounters this behavior, I believe this is a bug.  We are tracking this behavior over in CONFSERVER-53469.  The complex JQL query here may certainly be complicating the ability of the macro to load this Jira issue data before a timeout occurs.

There is a workaround where you can use the steps in Configuring System Properties in order to set the parameter confluence.macro.placeholder.timeoutMillis to a higher value such as 10000

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Karen Michaels ,

I've never come across such case - not sure if it's a bug or smth because as usual if the Jira Issues macro responds to your query and lists the related issues, then it counts the totals as well.

But maybe you use our app in your company - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

Then the workaround may be to list all the related issues and count the totals with the help of the Table Filter or Pivot Table macros (I mean not to filter the issues or aggregate them but simply use these macros to display the total number of the returned issues). 

Karen Michaels July 14, 2021

We do not use this app.

Karen

Karen Michaels July 14, 2021

Note that I was able to get this to work, but using the source editor and changing the table into a count.  To do this I removed these lines:

<ac:parameter ac:name="columnIds">issuekey,summary,issuetype,assignee,status,resolution</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="columns">key,summary,type,assignee,status</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="maximumIssues">20</ac:parameter>

and replaced them with:

<ac:parameter ac:name="count">true</ac:parameter>

Karen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events