Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Add APPS from Apps MarketPlace as a Site Admin

Tech Admin Cognotiv July 22, 2021

Hi Guys,

I can't add apps from marketplace as Site Admin. Any suggestion for the work around?

If I access through the Drop Down Menu APPs Manu, the system asking me to ask admin for permission.

If I access through the Administration at the left, I will end up with 404.

Wrote to support yesterday, only get a standard email response. 

Advance Thanks for the advice how can I resolve this.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Tech Admin Cognotiv,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Being a site admin does not grant you admin permissions in the products you are using, it only gives you permission to manage users, groups and product access. You have to be a product admin in order to configure a specific product. You can find more information about it here, Give users admin permissions  

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for your information. 

However, I don't seems like able to add myself anywhere in the Confluence as Product Administrator.

Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 6.14.33 AM.png

I can do this easily in Jira, but not confluence.

Thanks

Although I already added myself as Product Admins.

From the screen shot above, seems like Product Admins do not have the right to Product administration.

Is this product really working?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Okay, it looks like the admin groups haven't been added to Confluence. Go to Product access and add administrators and site-admins to Confluence, that should grant you product admin permission.

Hi Mikael,

Thanks! Yes, we need to manually add ourself to the product access. Which I still think is a little bit strange. 

Anyway, Appreciate your help and time!! 

0 votes

Anyway, I am in Standard Plan under Trial, and is ready to pay if this things works. I have another account with Jira (Paid - Standard) not an issue.

Plus, I already add all the payment details. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events