Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access Confluence on hello.atlassian.net

Sean Hannan September 7, 2021

I have a cloud account and have attached products for Jira Cloud, Confluence Cloud and Jira Service Management Cloud.

When trying to to access this link regarding Jira Automation Library https://hello.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/~904647020/pages/938622764v

I am confronted with the error :

<myemail> doesn't have access to Confluence on hello.atlassian.net.

I can successfully log in and access my account to view my products etc but somehow I don't seem to be able to access the main Atlassian COnfluence page

Any hints ?

4 answers

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2021

Hi @Sean Hannan 

Sorry for the inconvenience here.  The hello site is an internal Atlassian resource, it is never expected to be publicly accessible.  That said, Atlassian is not expected to post documentation there.

Could you please let me know exactly what page you are on that contains that link?  I am very interested to correct any locations that are pointing to that link and provide you with the correct corresponding link.

Thanks

Andy

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2022

Hi @Julien Schröder 

Thanks for reporting this.  I gather from the link that you are using an Atlassian University course when you see this link.  However I am having difficulty in locating the name of that course so that I can investigate further.  I know you posted that link, but unfortunately, that link is not sufficient for me to find the specific course.  I believe I need to also enroll in that course in order to confirm and identify the page that contains that link.  Could you let me know the name of the specific course where you found this link?

I do not expect that this link would be visible to any user outside of Atlassian internal employees, but I am still trying to determine if this page is meant only for helping to train Atlassians, or if perhaps this is information that should also be shared with solution partners like yourself.

Thanks

Andy

Julien Schröder February 25, 2022

Hi Andy, 

my bad for posting the link instead of the path: 

Atlassian Technical Sales Professional 
--> Understand the DevOps Customer Course
--> DevOps & Agile Buyer Personas
--> Conclusion - Additional Ressources

Would be happy to get those resources for my sales activities :)

Cheers, 
Julien

Julien Schröder February 28, 2022

And while you're looking into that you might want to address this "placeholder" issue as well: 

Atlassian Technical Sales Professional 

--> Atlassian Cloud Core Training
--> Why Atlassian Cloud Course
--> Atlassian Cloud Overview - What Does This Mean For You?

0 votes
John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
September 9, 2021

Hey @Sean Hannan ,

There is a 99.3% chance that this is my fault! I put the automation template library together and the link you have there is a link to my personal Confluence page (this is where I was saving screenshots of the rules before putting them into the playground). 

I have gone through all of the links trying to find it but with no success. Would you mind showing me where you came across it and I will fix it up? 

Thanks!

John

Sean Hannan September 9, 2021

Sure thing John,  Just been flat out here and haven't had a chance to jump back on the laptop that I think I was using when I found the link.  Once I get there I will check the browser history and send through the link

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
September 9, 2021

No prob and thanks Sean :) 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

This is exactly what it says it is.  The account you are using (with <myemail>) has not been added to the list of accounts that can use Confluence.

Check with the site admins that it is in the "can use Confluence" group(s) or role(s)

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

I am getting the same error too while accessing the link. This seems to be a restricted confluence site, worth raising a case with Atlassian support ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2021

Um, why?  I get the same error.  I expect it - I've never been asked to use that site, so I don't think any admins have ever added me.  I don't think it needs Atlassian support, just question the owner/admins of the site.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2021

I was just guessing that this could be an Atlassian managed confluence site so thought if they can help to confirm. Probably @Sean Hannan can share the document (Jira Automation Library) where he found that link.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2021

Ah, it's ok @Andy Heinzer got it - he might not be an admin or owner, but he at least knows who the owners are.  And what it's for, so he's asked a better clarification question!

Sean Hannan September 8, 2021

I believe the link was from an Atlassian Support page.  I can't see the link in my browser history so likely  accessed this from a different laptop.  I will try to find the originating page to post here.  I found the original Atlassian support page when searching or help on Jira Automations which led me to ( I believe ) an Atlassian Support page that then contained the link above.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

That would make sense, it is not uncommon for people to link to stuff they can see without thinking about other people who can not.  It's just the way humans work, we can't always remember to check every link properly!

I just re-read this before hitting "post" and realised it could be read as "Atlassian people forget to check availability of their links" - that's totally unfair, we all do it, I think.  I know I've done it a lot since I started trying to document stuff, and still make mistakes after <mumble> decades of experience.

It would be great if you could find the page, it will enable Atlassian to fix it one way or another really quickly.  But I wouldn't over-do it, I'm sure you have better things to do!

Line Lengfelder February 1, 2023

Just got the same:

URL to Jira Service Management Competitive Corner not working.png

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2023

@Line Lengfelder Thanks for flagging that.  I was able to reach out to the Enable team and they have reported that this link has been fixed within that page.

Like Line Lengfelder likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events