Can you use the Glossary App within the Confluence Whiteboard?

esavage
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2024

We are using the Glossary for Confluence application, but I cannot seem to figure out how to allow our confluence whiteboard pages to add to or leverage links to the glossary terms. Anyone find a way to use these two tools together in a similar use case?

2 answers

0 votes
Melek Jebnoun_Vectors_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2024

Bonjour @esavage

My name is Melek and I'm the CPO of Vectors, the Vendor behind Glossary for Confluence

Concerning the whiteboard integration: For now support is only made for Smart Links or Atlassian content. So links to our Terms, Glossary or Labels is not yet support to be displayed via card or so unfortunately. If you copy paste a link it will be displayed as plaintext in the board for now.

Same for adding content from the whiteboard, we do not have the API *yet* to create term directly from the board or also highlight them if they are listed in pages (which I suppose is more complex as API integration and will not be for soon I suppose)

We would be really happy to discuss more your use case and check how to help in unleashing the potential of our App :) Please do not hesitate to raise a ticket on our support system

Happy to help!

Many thanks

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2024

@esavage Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

On a few questions related to Whiteboards, I have seen responses to the effect that integration with apps is not yet supported. 

The community group dedicated to Whiteboards may hold additional information: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Whiteboards/gh-p/confluence-whiteboards 

esavage
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2024

I figured as much after a few dozen attempts to query the community feeds and inquires. I love the glossary for what it is centralizing for our complex data project, cant wait until I can connect it to the pages and whiteboards directly. :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events