Can you turn off list formatting for an image?

I'm editing a Confluence page with instruction steps. Where images are inserted on a separate line within a list, it gets numbered. I tried turning numbering off for the image, but that makes numbering restart for the rest of the list. What's going on here, and can I fix it?

4 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

That is the expected result for an ordered list.

One suggestion is to add the image after a soft return (shift+return).

Hi Mike:

Milo helped me with the same suggestion when I wanted to double space my list and it works like a charm. This should work for you too.

Another suggestion which is how we format our instructions is to use a 2 column table. The left column contains the written instructions and the right column contains images or screen shots.

Thanks, Sandy

Thanks, Milo. Worked perfectly.

Sandy: Will consider the table too.

The soft return worked for me just now.  I was lucky to stumble on this page because I was initially searching using terms Table of Contents, TOC, and Diagram.  It would be useful if this posting had a second searchable tag such as "Work around when Table of Contents includes diagram text"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

303 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you