Can you turn off list formatting for an image?

Deleted user September 27, 2016

I'm editing a Confluence page with instruction steps. Where images are inserted on a separate line within a list, it gets numbered. I tried turning numbering off for the image, but that makes numbering restart for the rest of the list. What's going on here, and can I fix it?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2016

That is the expected result for an ordered list.

One suggestion is to add the image after a soft return (shift+return).

0 votes
Terry Yoder September 27, 2016

The soft return worked for me just now.  I was lucky to stumble on this page because I was initially searching using terms Table of Contents, TOC, and Diagram.  It would be useful if this posting had a second searchable tag such as "Work around when Table of Contents includes diagram text"

0 votes
Deleted user September 27, 2016

Thanks, Milo. Worked perfectly.

Sandy: Will consider the table too.

0 votes
Sandy Johnson September 27, 2016

Hi Mike:

Milo helped me with the same suggestion when I wanted to double space my list and it works like a charm. This should work for you too.

Another suggestion which is how we format our instructions is to use a 2 column table. The left column contains the written instructions and the right column contains images or screen shots.

Thanks, Sandy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events