Can you run robohelp office 2017 generated webhelp output from a confluence/jira platform?

Helen Slater
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 27, 2018
Need platform to publish webhelp output with access for large audience.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2018

Hi @Helen Slater,

Confluence is a collaboration platform to create content collaboratively.

Have you thought about moving your content from Robohelp into Confluence, and then continue to author your help content from within Confluence?

Cheers,
Nils

Karla Marsh July 19, 2019

Yes, that's what we would like to do. Is there a widget that can import the files from RoboHelp? Or do I have to upload each of the HTML topics individually?

And then after it's created/updated in Confluence, I know I can share individual topics, but I can export "a help file" from it? (e.g., for in-application help, like server-installed WebHelp.)

Karla

Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2019

Hi @Karla Marsh

There's no widget I'm aware of that helps with importing from RoboHelp.

Confluence comes with a MS Word import functionality out of the box, but it looks like RoboHelp can't export to Word.

If you can somehow manage to get your content into Confluence, you could then export it using our Scroll HTML Exporter to create a static HTML export. Those files could then be bundled with your software. Using the Page Key functionality of Scroll Versions you can then also link to a specific topic and provide context-sensitive help.

Both Scroll Versions and Scroll HTML Exporter can be trialed for free via the Atlassian Marketplace.

Please note, however that both apps are only available for Confluence Server.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out to us via support@k15t.com if you have any additional questions, or more concrete questions regarding the functionality of any of our apps. We'll be happy to help.

Best,
Nils

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events