Can you rotate a cell header in a pasted table?

Cathy Li April 26, 2021

Hello, 

I'm new to using Confluence and please excuse my ignorance. I've asked to be made space admin on a page I'm working on and we are part of our organization's Enterprise confluence. 

I've been asked to take information from a large set of complicated Excel files and format them as tables in individual confluence pages. 

I first tried to use the Excel or Spreadsheet macro, but the excel file itself is too large (9.1MB) to embed using either.

I've been copy/pasting the cells I want onto either Word or Powerpoint, then copy/pasting into the confluence page, it also worked a couple of times just directly copy/pasting from Excel to Confluence, because I didn't create the Excel, the format of certain tabs is a little wonky so direct copy/pasting doesn't seem to always work. I need to link some text in certain table cells so I want to be using the plain table format.

One thing our stakeholder wants to do is to rotate certain sub-headers in the table. I've googled how and saw a couple of solutions involving creating a User Macro. I've looked around and don't see the "Create a user macro" option, probably because I'm not a system admin; I also saw some folks suggest using Adaptavist but the use of any Apps is also disabled. I'm not sure how to locate the system admin, and no one I work with seems to know. 

I know some html/css but my background is visual design and I'm not fluent in coding. Sorry for the long question, does anyone have any suggestions of manually rotate the cell-headers?

Thank you. 

Desired format in Excel version:

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 2.28.20 PM.png

What I have so far in Confluence:

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 2.33.56 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

@Cathy Li That is not currently possible.  There is an enhancement request here that you can vote for. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-45012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events