Can you recreate Jira Service Desk in Confluence

John Gibb February 10, 2021

I currently use Jira, Jira Service Management, and Confluence, all in the cloud, to manage my project. The company that now owns us uses only Jira and Confluence server license (at least for the next year or so), and I need to migrate into this system. So I'm going to loose access to Jira Service Management.

I'm wondering if there is a way to re-create this functionality in Confluence? i.e. can I create a Confluence page with a bunch of fields that the user can fill out and create a Jira issue from? Or can the feature that lets you create jira issue from highlighted confluence text be customized for this purpose? Like trigger it by a click on a hyperlink, and force the project to a certain value?

Thanks! 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

In theory, you could do this, but the cost of adding all the apps you'd need to even begin to replicate Jira Service Management's workflows, fields, notifications, reporting and so-on would probably rapidly add up to a lot more than the cost of your current Service Desk.  Not to mention all the work building it.

John Gibb February 10, 2021

Thanks for the quick reply Nic. Unfortunately using Service Desk isn't an option for me (I have asked several different ways). However they do have many JIRA and Confluence apps. What apps would you need to just create issues (I don't need all the service desk features, just a way to generate Jira issues for bug reporting)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events