Can you have multiple excerps on a page?

Lauren November 18, 2019

Hello. Wondering if its possible to create a number of excerps on one page and then insert the different excerps into different pages?

At the moment you type the page you want to insert it from and if there are multiple excerps on that page it just shows the first one, it doesn't give you the option to choose from however many are on the page.

I.e I add excerp A B & C on 1 page. And then I want to insert excerp B to a different page but it will only insert excerp A.

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dante Anthony
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2019

G'day Lauren,

Thanks for joining the community! 

If I understand correctly, you're looking to add multiple excerpts to a single page and then reference those excerpts from other pages. As it stands, this is not currently possible while using vanilla Confluence. You can only define one excerpt per page. Only the first excerpt will be referenced and available for use when you import the excerpt from the page. 

There are some plugins available within the Marketplace that can provide the enhancement you've described. You may wish to consider the following plugins: 

Please let me know if these work for you, or if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help!

Best Regards,
Dante Anthony | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2019

Hello Lauren,

Another option is to use Table Excerpt (available in Table Filter and Charts for Confluence Server).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events