Can you find text on a Confluence page that is in an Expand macro?

NancyB455 July 31, 2019

I have a user with a long page of text.  Apparently, they use Ctrl-F to locate parts on the page.  

She was thinking of putting some parts into Expand macros, but that would prevent them from using Ctrl-F to find the particular word/section they need.  Is there a macro or something that would let them find words hidden in an Expand macro?

(A regular page search does still find the page containing the word.  And I'm going to go look at what she is doing and make some "let's divide this page up" recommendations.  But I thought I'd ask.)

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Elridge Bibera January 31, 2021

Hope somebody has an answer for this. I'm in the same predicament. It's very hard to edit pages with multiple expands and having the Macro titles  unavailable for search makes editing more difficult.  

Heather Blue August 13, 2021

The work around I've been using is placing the name of the expand above the expand macro and just not naming the expand:

confluence.PNG

seneca July 20, 2022

this helps with the content in the *title* of the expand macro, but not the *content* of the expand. And that's what the original post, and my current question, is about.
I've got a long section in an expand, and I would very much like to be able to have ^f on the page be able to find that info. At least optionally. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events