Can you exclude a Space Category from a search?

Eric Sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2020

Business case:

We have a space, let's call it Templates, that has pages for many things. Example: Training documents. 

We then have a space for each of our customers (over 100 now).  We may then use a training document as a starting page for one of these customers.  The page from the Template Space is copied to the Client Space and detail of the page is changed to meet the needs of that client, however, the title of the page is the same as it was in the template space. 

Imagine that this template has been copied to all the client spaces. We now have a page named the same in multiple spaces across all of Confluence. 

This creates a searching nightmare. If you type in the name of the page you get 100+ results that all look the same. 

Now an easy fix to the above would be to only search in the Template Space, however, it is not that simple. I have made my example this simple but in reality, there are many of these template spaces. 

So what I would like to be able to do is to enter the page title but exclude all the client spaces. As they have all been categorised I was hoping to add to my search
exclude any spaces in the Client category.

Can this be done?

Any other suggestions on how I can do the above are welcome too.

Thank all. 

1 answer

0 votes
kimiya majd March 1, 2020

Hi 

I think you can use CQL macro in your confluence and have so many filters to separate all the spaces Or you can use labels in any pages and search for each label you used. 

good luck.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213090/cql-search?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/content-by-label-macro-145566.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events