Can you create a inventory of all the content being used in Confluence?

Hi there,

My company is starting the process of moving to Confluence (and creating a content strategy). Is there a way to generate an inventory/report of all the content?

I would like to be able to take an inventory of all docs under a high-level topic, such as clients, support, devices, etc.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Using labels is one way to group related content, but you should also consider grouping similar content to one space, using sensible page trees (you can express a lot via page hierarchy) and even use space categories.

It depends on your requirements.

There are macros that let you list pages and so-on, but it depends on what you want from an "inventory" - a list of all the pages isn't going to be much use in most of the systems I know of - 20,000 page titles in a flat list isn't that useful to a human.

If you could define what you want this for, we'll probably be able to give you a much more useful set of suggestions!

I believe that I'm looking for something similar. I'm restricted to using confluence although we do have JIRA as well. I need an inventory system for all of our servers to better detail what software exists on each server. These are all CentOS nodes and maybe we have a few physical HP nodes mixed in with virtual machines. I've seen the JIRA plug-in for this but I need a confluence plug-in to satisfy this project.

I'm familiar with spacewalk as a possible solution but it may be beneficial to keep everything under Atlassian Confluence. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

108 views 12 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you