Can you create a inventory of all the content being used in Confluence?

Camille Marshall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 20, 2015

Hi there,

My company is starting the process of moving to Confluence (and creating a content strategy). Is there a way to generate an inventory/report of all the content?

I would like to be able to take an inventory of all docs under a high-level topic, such as clients, support, devices, etc.

3 answers

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

Using labels is one way to group related content, but you should also consider grouping similar content to one space, using sensible page trees (you can express a lot via page hierarchy) and even use space categories.

It depends on your requirements.

0 votes
Paul Turner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 17, 2016

I believe that I'm looking for something similar. I'm restricted to using confluence although we do have JIRA as well. I need an inventory system for all of our servers to better detail what software exists on each server. These are all CentOS nodes and maybe we have a few physical HP nodes mixed in with virtual machines. I've seen the JIRA plug-in for this but I need a confluence plug-in to satisfy this project.

I'm familiar with spacewalk as a possible solution but it may be beneficial to keep everything under Atlassian Confluence. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2015

There are macros that let you list pages and so-on, but it depends on what you want from an "inventory" - a list of all the pages isn't going to be much use in most of the systems I know of - 20,000 page titles in a flat list isn't that useful to a human.

If you could define what you want this for, we'll probably be able to give you a much more useful set of suggestions!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events