Can you create a button on a confluence page which populates a template/form

Srikanth Mamidala March 30, 2020

I am looking at an option in confluence to be able to create a button for users to click to generate a form to make certain request

For example : if users want to request a new access, they need to fill out a certain form and submit (which sends a possible email) . 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2020

Hi @Srikanth Mamidala 

In the new editor, there is a way to create a button which populates a confluence template. Just type "/create" and choose "Create from Template". Then you can chose from any template. If you click the button, it will create a new page with the selected template. 

create from template.png

For your example: Out of the box, it's not possible. I think you would need a plugin. I just know ConfiForms, but I've never used it and I don't know if your example would be feasible with this plugin.

If you have further questions, please let me know! 

Regards, Dominic

Srikanth Mamidala March 31, 2020

Hi Dominic, perfect. Thank you. Once I create the option, is there a way to send an email to specific group once i click the "Create" option fro the template? 

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2020

There is no option to send a mail right away after "Create" - Clicking.

What you can do is to edit the template and save the page. After saving the page, you can share the page with the share option

share.png

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events