Can you create a Team or User Directory in Confluence?

Laurel Ghosh Roy September 6, 2018

Can you create a Team or User Directory in Confluence?

I'd like to create a dynamic list of our team members in our team space in Confluence, what are the options to do so?

2 answers

1 vote
Philip Domenico April 7, 2022

I would like to be able to manager multiple user groups/teams inside a space, without having to bother admins every time we need a team defined or updated.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2018

Hi there, Laurel.

I would like to get more context on the requirement that you have here. Are you referring to add a list of team / group under the Space's Overview page in a dynamic way, for example using macro instead of doing it manually?

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 10.39.25.png

Have you looked at the usage of User Profile List macro to see if you can use this as a workaround as well? For example:

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 10.44.24.png

Keep me posted soon. Thanks.

Laurel Ghosh Roy September 11, 2018

Hey Ahmad that looks pretty close to what I'm thinking, and yes, "dynamically" is the key here. My roadblock, though, was that when I go to Other Macros, I can find "User Profile", but it looks like you have to do it individually. To achieve the "list" part of your suggestion, do I just add a new User Profile macro for each of my teammates? Is there an actually list version of this macro, involving more than one individual? 

Another question I have is whether there is a macro somewhere that involves adding a group or team? I would ultimately like to create a Confluence team of Customer Experience individuals (my team), and then just insert that team via a macro to achieve a user directory on our home page. I don't think you can do this, though, based off of a previous question of mine. 

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2018

Hi, Laurel.

Pardon me for the radio silence as I was out of office last week. Allow me to answer the follow up questions that you have here?

• For this specific User Profile macro, you will have to add it individually as the description mentions in the documentation - " displays a short summary of a given Confluence user's profile"
  • To obtain the similar list type of user profile I shared earlier, you will have to include the macro for each user manually.

While there isn't any similar macro that can display the user profile in a group (with avatar), I would like you to consider using another macro called User List that allows you to specify the group of users that you would like to display on the page. For example:

I included the group administrators and refreshed the preview to verify the users that are are going to be included in the macro. (If unsure, just use * to list all the groups available before narrowing it down to specific groups):

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 08.58.16.jpg

In the Preview modem you will be able to see the users listed like this:

MtbgJA62RZKgkx2TPzhmzQ_thumb_866f.jpgCan you confirm if this will fit the requirement that you have, including the last question that you have? Thanks.

Laurel Ghosh Roy September 17, 2018

No problem. And yes, that user profile macro works just fine. 

The user list will probably work too (it appears we need to set ourselves up as a group in confluence), but I like that the user profiles have avatars. 

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
September 17, 2018

Hi, Laurel.

Gotcha. Let me know if you have any further questions on this topic. Else, do confirm we can wrap this one up. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events