Can you change the default Publish option?

Margaret Fero February 11, 2021

The publish button that appears by default doesn't prompt the user to enter a version comment, though they can enter a version comment by selecting "Publish with version comment..." from the ... menu. We want to strongly encourage version comments, so I'd like to change the default button to "Publish with version comment..." so that users have to go the more inconvenient way around to publish without one (I'd also be fine with them being unable to publish without a comment).

I found some topics about the Publish with version comment having initially not been in the new editor and being added back later, but nothing about whether I can change the default.

Does anybody know if it's possible to change?

2 answers

0 votes
kaechm December 9, 2022

@Margaret FeroThere is a related feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-6373 lets vote it up to make it a priority for the atlassian team.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

Natively it's not possible in the confluence cloud.

We have the option of achieving this requirement via themes.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Margaret Fero March 3, 2021

Thanks! Is it possible to use themes still? There was a warning in the documentation that the Theme API was built for an old UI and doesn't support the current one, which I thought meant I couldn't use themes any more, but I might have misunderstood.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events