Can you apply a Template to an Already exiting page?

Mark Stephan October 2, 2019

Here's the situation.

We have a KB to transition to Confluence. We can't wait for Design. So we're moving the articles now. Once the design is done with the templates, can we just apply those templates to pages? 

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 2, 2019

Hi Mark Stephan and Welcome,

Unfortunately Space or Global Templates only applies to page creation, existing content need to be manually adapted.

See Page Templates article.

When you add a new page, you don't have to start from scratch. Instead, you can base your new page on a template – a Confluence page with predefined content. Some templates are provided by blueprints or Marketplace apps, and you can even create your own templates.

Have you further questions about this?

Kind Regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

I'm not sure it's "unfortunate" - I think there's a very large majority of people who don't want their content randomly updated with potential junk because someone changes a template.

But there's nothing wrong with "I want to identify pages created from a template that has changed so we can see if changes should be applied".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events