Can you amend a page ownership?

Laura Sharp May 16, 2020

I understand that you can add administrators to a page however is it possible to change the owner of the page, I cannot locate this in settings.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2020

There is no real owner.
There is an author and users who have changed.
Otherwise there are restrictions,  who can do what on the site.

You can see that in the page information

Laura Sharp May 18, 2020

Sure, to clarify my question then; can I change the author of a page?

Thanks

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2020

@Laura Sharp 

The author cannot be changed with the standard resources of Confluence. This requires an intervention in the database.

0 votes
JonMcIntyre May 14, 2021

I had the same problem.  It's a problem which a lot of people have, but Atlassian doesn't seem to think it's important.  Perhaps they don't understand the use case.   See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-7247

There needs to be an "owner" for each page separate from the creator/author.  In general people will use this to assign responsibility for maintaining and updating the page. 

It should be easy to change the owner for an individual page, or in a bulk way.  Any individual should be able to easily get a list of all pages they own, so they'll know which ones to review regularly to keep up-to-date. 

I found a workaround:  Insert a task list on every page (In the + menu while editing).  I put this at the bottom of the page so it's not distracting.  Put one task in it, and insert a "User mention" in the task (also + menu), followed by whatever words you want, like "owner for keeping page updated".  

Then, each user can go to their profile page and click the "Tasks" tab to see all the pages they own, with convenient links to go directly to them.  Of course, you'd be leaving these tasks "always unfinished", although I suppose you could mark them finished when a page becomes obsolete and you permanently archive it just for historical reference. 

This is not perfect since you can't do bulk ownership changes, but it's better than nothing. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events