Can you add a hyperlink on emoji ?

Laurent September 23, 2021

Hi everyone ! 

I'm wondering if it is possible to add hyperlink on an emoji in Confluence ? eg. add links on country flags.

When i'm trying to do so by selecting an emoji in the page and adding a link, I get a prompt to define the address, but the "text to display" filed is empty. When inserted, the emoji is replaced by the address link.

If I add some text before and after the emoji, the link is added on both texts, but not on the emoji. 

I've tried using images instead of emojis, but I can't reduce the image size as desired and can't display them side by side... (it could be nice by the way, to be alloud to define width & height of an img and choose to display them inline)

Thanks for your help !

2 answers

2 votes
John Tolle October 8, 2021

For anyone who lands here, go vote on the following issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-72956

In the meantime, you can add Unicode glyphs (technically text) and add links to those or add an image from a file and add a link to that, but we all know that's not the same since that image will not be inline like an emoji would be.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2021

Thanks for that link  John, will vote and watch it.

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

Hi @Laurent 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I tried to replicate this, and experiencing the same behavior as yours ie if I add a link the emoji is replaced by the link. So, it looks like it is not possible. 

For images as well, after a certain limit we cannot decrease its size. As a workaround you can add the country emoji and add a text besides it and add link to it. eg: below -

2021-09-23_15_04_37.png

Laurent September 23, 2021

Thanks for your answer !

That's how I manage it for now (with a text beside), but I was wondering if I was missing something or if this could be improved, as it would be nicer, in my opinion, to keep only the emoji :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events