Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we upgrade confluence server from 3.5.16 to 6.15.8??

Abhishek B A September 9, 2019

Hi Team,

I have a confluence server 3.5.16 in Server A(This is windows 2008R2 server) , can i install confluence server 6.15.8 in Server B(This is windows 2016R2 server) and move the contents from one server to another as this document suggests https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html .Please suggest what steps to take im new to confluence.

Regards,

Abhishek B A

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

No.

3.x has a totally different storage format and data structure to 4.0 and above and you need to upgrade to a version that can still understand the old data so it can upgrade it.

You should upgrade from 3.x to 4.latest first.  Then thoroughly test a 4.x to 6.target upgrade (In theory, this can work, but I've seen it have problems).  If it fails, then plan 4.x to 5.latest, then 5.x to 6.target - that should work ok.

Abhishek B A September 26, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  , after i upgraded from  3.5.16 -> 4.2.7  when i start confluence im getting the below error for all plugins(below shows only one plugin error) , do you have any suggestions on how to resolve the same .

2019-09-26 05:26:24,306 ERROR [main] [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] deployPluginFromUnit Unable to deploy plugin 'com.atlassian.confluence.extra.widgetconnector', file Unit: D:\confluence\data\bundled-plugins\widgetconnector-2.0.1.jar (1340412696000) java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2019

Have you upgraded all the plugins as well?

Abhishek B A September 30, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  can you please guide me on how can we upgrade the plugins in 3.5.16? or you can share me a link for the same .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2019

You should visit the "manage plugins" section in admin and work through installing the latest version of each plugin you have.

Abhishek B A October 3, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  we are getting the following error when we upgraded from 4.3.7 to 5.0.3 it looks like some plugins issue can you pls guide me .I have attached the screen shot for the same .

Also @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- in 3.5/4.2.7/4.3.7/5.0.3 we are not able to find manage add-ons/manage plugins  in admin page .Confluence_Error.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events