Can we share a confluence template to a group through email every week automatically.

Rajesh Konda January 16, 2020

Hi,

I have received a  requirement one particular template in confluence  should be shared to a group of people every week in the mail. Generally we  update  releases and also attached some of the tickets to that template. Is there any way that we can share template on scheduled time. Please help me out on this Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

Hello Rajesh,

Thank you for contacting us about this. Happy to help you find a solution for your requirement.

Can you confirm with me, when you say that you want to share a template via email, are you referring specifically to a Confluence template, or something else, within your organization?

Confluence templates cannot be shared externally. They are created within the Confluence site. People can then choose that template when creating a new page in Confluence.

In your case, you could send out an email from outside of Confluence, letting your team know about the new template, and how to use it. You could also write a page within Confluence, including images of the template and examples of how to use it. You can then share that page to your users. See Share a Page or Blog Post for more details.

Another idea is to use the Create from Template macro. With this, you can add a button on a single page in Confluence that when clicked, it automatically uses the desired template. It will then create a list of pages that have been created using that template.

You can do this outside of that macro by using labels to organize your content. Example: you add a specific label on the template itself, and then whenever someone creates a page using that template, the label is automatically applied and can be used to filter out pages specifically that use that label.

By the way, when you share a page from within Confluence to your team, they will receive both a notification in Confluence and an email by default. Confluence doesn't actually allow you to send emails to specific people, unless you employ the use of an add-on. 

I hope that helps, but do let me know if you have any questions about any of this.

Regards,

Shannon

Rajesh Konda January 23, 2020

Hello Shannon,

Thanks for your reply,

My requirement is we have template in a Space that is been updated on daily basis that particular template need to be shared with a group through email every week on monday automatically like in Jira we do Email Subscription in JQL filter. Like wise do we have any option to send that template to group(This group is handling Space they have full access to space).Thanks much

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events