Can we run run two plugins at a time by using atlas-run command

jayasri December 30, 2014

I installed confluence 5.6.5 and created a plugin named Adddraftbuton then I go into root folder where it is created and run atlas-run then it confluence on localhost:1990 and Iam able to see the plugin.

Than I created another plugin named macro and went into the root folder and run atlas-run and again confluence started on localhost:1990 and Iam able to see macro.

IF I need to see both draftbutton and macro do I need to run atlas-run command from which folder?Can I see both at a time?

I have created all these plugins from tutorials.

Another doubt is I installed confluence on port 8090 but when I do custom code changes are taking place and starting confluence at 1990.Do I need to run atlas-run everytime to see my plugin on conluence GUI?

Please answer 

2 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2014

Another option to consider is:

1. Launch Confluence from one your projects (using atlas-run as usual). That plugin will be auto-installed.
  2. Build the other plugin with atlas-package, then deploy the plugin JAR using UPM (uploading the JAR to Confluence).

It has the advantage that you don't a third Confluence.

0 votes
Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2014

There are several options.  atlas-run starts up a Confluence server on a specific port (1990 by default). So you could run two Confluence servers if you changed the port, you can see params here: https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/developer-tools/working-with-the-sdk/command-reference/atlas-run

but you don't want to do that! smile

yellow-star What makes the most sense in your case (and how I develop) is to run a single Confluence server from another directory (like a directory called 'atlassian-servers') is using the command:  

atlas-run-standalone --product confluence

This will download, install, configure and start up a Confluence server.  Its one of the best commands in the SDK!

Once that is done continue your development in each of your other directories. Then you can use atlas-cli + the pi command will install your AddOn directly to the server.  Or atlas-package and then atlas-install-plugin

The problem with running atlas-run in the directory where you are developing is that sometimes you want to blow away the "target" directory for a completely clean build. But when you do that the entire Confluence must again be downloaded (even if local) and installed before starting up. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events