Can we run multiple Atlasssian apps off of the same server?

Patrick Stewart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2017

Currently we have JIRA, Confluence, and JIRA Service Desk all running on separate servers. They all also have individual databases. Confluence and JIRA are running with on-premise VM's and the JIRA Service Desk is running through an AWS instance. My question is can I migrate the two on prim apps to the same AWS instance or do they all need to be running on separate servers? I suppose it might be better to keep them separate just for incase one server goes down the other two tools will stay online correct? Does keeping them separate cause any issues with integrating them?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2017

You have answered your own question smile While it is possible to keep everything on a single server (given that the server has enough resources), it is beneficial to keep them separate for the reasons you have mentioned. That wouldn't cause any issues while integrating them.

If you end up putting them on the same server, make sure the server has enough memory, CPU etc and should have a failover plan in the case the server goes down. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events