Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we run Postgres 9.4 with Confluence 5.8.8 or 5.9 ??

copleyde February 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Supported Platforms

We are running Bitbucket 4.1.0 with PostGres 9.4.4 and we love it, works great.  We want to know when PostGres 9.4 will be supported with Confluence 5.8.8 or 5.9.x ??  We do not want to use Microsoft SQL server if we can avoid it although the versions match up with our dba team.  The mysql running in our company is 5.6.13 or 14, not 5.6.16 or later so we really can't get our dba team to help us.  Why can't we use PostGres 9.4 for Confluence and when may you certify/support it ??  Thank you so much for looking. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2016

It's not formally supported but I'm using PostGres 9.4 with Confluence(from version 5.4 to 5.9.4) and it works, however, if you face any issues with your instance, the support team will ask you to roll the database back to a supported version(eg. 9.3 or the version described in our docs).

Cheers,

0 votes
Patrick Flannery February 19, 2016

Hello again Guilheme.  Can you please tell me if/when Postgres 9.4 or 9.5 would be supported with newer versions of Confluence - 5.8.8 or later ???  Our supported databases here at our shop "fall" outside the Confluence certification  pages.  We run 9.4.4. PostGres with Bitbucket and truly want Postgres but Confluence 5.9 is telling us to go back to Postgres 9.2 or 9.3 (we can't do this).  The SQL server options and Mysql options also fall outside our supported databases also.  Can you please tell me how often the supported pages get updated also ?? Thank you so much for a reply.

0 votes
copleyde February 5, 2016

Thx.  We will try it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events