Can we run Postgres 9.4 with Confluence 5.8.8 or 5.9 ??

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Supported Platforms

We are running Bitbucket 4.1.0 with PostGres 9.4.4 and we love it, works great.  We want to know when PostGres 9.4 will be supported with Confluence 5.8.8 or 5.9.x ??  We do not want to use Microsoft SQL server if we can avoid it although the versions match up with our dba team.  The mysql running in our company is 5.6.13 or 14, not 5.6.16 or later so we really can't get our dba team to help us.  Why can't we use PostGres 9.4 for Confluence and when may you certify/support it ??  Thank you so much for looking. 

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It's not formally supported but I'm using PostGres 9.4 with Confluence(from version 5.4 to 5.9.4) and it works, however, if you face any issues with your instance, the support team will ask you to roll the database back to a supported version(eg. 9.3 or the version described in our docs).

Cheers,

Thx.  We will try it. 

Hello again Guilheme.  Can you please tell me if/when Postgres 9.4 or 9.5 would be supported with newer versions of Confluence - 5.8.8 or later ???  Our supported databases here at our shop "fall" outside the Confluence certification  pages.  We run 9.4.4. PostGres with Bitbucket and truly want Postgres but Confluence 5.9 is telling us to go back to Postgres 9.2 or 9.3 (we can't do this).  The SQL server options and Mysql options also fall outside our supported databases also.  Can you please tell me how often the supported pages get updated also ?? Thank you so much for a reply.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

509 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you