Can we merge two Confluence project spaces into one Confluence project space?

Siva Polamarasetti February 16, 2017

We are trying to merge two Confluence spaces into one space, but I do not see any option. Please let me know if we can do this any other means.

Thank you,

Siva

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2017

A confluence space is a set of pages.  Although there are different artefacts and types of pages, they're all tied to pages.

So you can just pick up a page and move it from one space to another.

Brian Sheridan November 6, 2019

yes, but I don't want to move it page by page. It will take ages.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

It takes the entire hierarchy below that page with it.  So you only need to do it for each "top level" page.  Or you could make a new page at the top level, move all the other top pages into it and move that single page, unpacking any top-level pages from it after the move.

Like # people like this
Brian Sheridan November 7, 2019

Thanks, I'll try that.

Brian Sheridan November 7, 2019

When I try to move the parent page I get the following error

The following error(s) occurred:

• $error
  • $error
  • $error
Like Chris Trotzky likes this
5 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2017

If you want to move the whole space you would need to create a new page that sits outside the hierarchy of your current page tree and then set it to be the space home page. Then simply move the now old parent page to your new space. It will move all the child pages with it.

Fernando Lobo April 20, 2021

Great suggestion

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events