Can we link a space through the page tree?

Ojash_Panchumarthi February 17, 2020

Can a space be linked to a child/parent page under 'Page Tree'?

I am trying to find a way to link a child/parent page to another space. When someone clicks on the child/parent page, I want them to be taken to another space rather than opening up the page and displaying a link to the new space. 

I'd like to link the child/parent page directly under 'Page Tree' to the new space.

Help!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2020

Hi @Ojash_Panchumarthi 

You can create space shortcuts. 

If you are on confluence cloud, you can add this on the sidebar:

sidebar_confluence_cloud.png

If you are using confluence server, you can also add a space shortcut similar.

Check this out for confluence server: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/the-space-sidebar-777010845.html

As long as I can remember, you can do this only when you are an administrator. 

Regards, Dominic

0 votes
Answer accepted
Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2020

Ojash,

I do not see how you can do that, however, you can make use of the Excerpt Macro and Excerpt Include Macro.

Victor

Trevor Gettelman October 13, 2021

For me, the page I would like to take the user to doesn't have any info on it.  It's just the parent to the useful pages below.  Using "Excerpt..." won't work in my case. 

I understand how Space shortcut could work, but it is not in the natural order of the space and will likely be missed.

There may not be an answer.  Any other suggestions?

Andre Henriques August 5, 2022

I think Trevor has the right idea. In addition to doing this, I also like to:

• add a "-Link" to the new page name
  • add a source url above the excerpt/include

I find it helpful to let the user obviously know the page is a link and allow them to quickly jump to the source (without needing to edit the page) if they want to take any source action; such as leaving inline comments on the page content.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events