Can we insert a database in confluence?

Steven Lobisser November 7, 2019

We are looking to replace our Salesforce Knowledgebase with Confluence. However, in SF we have the ability to flag certain facts to a KBA and thus, we can search by those flags. Meaning as example, specifying a certain code level a particular KBA applies to. Later we could list all KBA's associated with code level "x.y.z".

Is this possible in Confluence? Can we set up a Knowledgebase Article template that provides for drop-down selections that can later be searched by?

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aidin Mahmoodi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2019

Hi Steven,

If you are interested in migrating your KBs, we do have a custom solution that translates the pages between Salesforce Knowledge Base and Confluence.

Let me know.

Best,

Aidin

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

Yes, as @sven sven suggests, you can do this with Confluence using Labels.

https://help.nrl.com/ is an example of a knowledgebase that does this (note: server edition, not Cloud). The labels aren't displayed, but there is a some custom user macro used on the kbase article pages that automates the linking to related articles with the same label, using the Content by Label Macro.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2019

I'm not sure I fully understand your requirements but to me this sounds very similar to what page labels offer. I don't think you can pre define a drop-down with labels to choose from for a certain template but they definitely help categorizing and finding content.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events