Can we create a dynamic webpage in confluence?

Krishna Chaitanya M March 1, 2019

I have a requirement where the user would select few drop downs and clicks on a button and that would populate a part of the page with relevant options like check box, some text box etc. And user would save it. Later if the user wants to modify it, he will have to select the same drop downs and click a button. Normally we will have a DB and populate that drop downs etc from DB, but can this entire thing be created in confluence?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2019

This is possible, but only through custom development or third-party add-ons. Have a look at the Atlassian marketplace for options that work with Confluence Cloud.

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2019

Yep, not possible in native Confluence. In case it helps your searching, Krishna, it sounds like you're looking for forms functionality. If you search for "Forms" in the Atlassian Marketplace, there are several third-party options.

Krishna Chaitanya M March 3, 2019

Thank you for your answers.

I am trying to use HTML, Excerpt and Excerpt Include to achieve this. My idea is to use HTML macro to create the Selection and Form page for the User and then save that data into a 2nd page(like DB). Then fetch the data from this page when required using the Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros. Problems that I am facing are 

1. Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros don't seem to work on the same feature, I wanted to save the user form data in the same page under a Excerpt Hidden section and then retrieve it using HTML macro.

2. HTML macro and Excerpt macro don't seem to work together, so had to save user submitted data in a different page and then fetch it using Excerpt Include when required.

What are the limitations of HTML macro? Can I do everything as in a normal HTML page using this macro? Please suggest.

Like Zak Laughton likes this
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2019

@Krishna Chaitanya M are using Confluence Cloud or on your own server? The HTML macro isn't available on Cloud, unless you are using a 3rd party add-on? If you are using Confluence on your own server, I would suggest taking a look the user macro functionality instead rather than using the HTML, Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros.

Krishna Chaitanya M March 3, 2019

We are using our own server, Thanks, I will look at the user macro creation process. I am not from a Dev. background so was trying to skip the coding part. :-) Thanks.

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2019

Alas, not without using an add-on! BTW I just wanted to check, as you had tagged the question as applying to "Confluence Cloud", however if that was the case you wouldn't be able to utilise user macros, as they are a feature in the server version only.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events