Can we archive Confluence Spaces ?? If yes, how can I retrieve the archived Confl Spaces

Adil Bulsara _ADIL_ April 7, 2023

Hi,

1) Can we archive Confluence Spaces ??

If yes, how can I retrieve the archived Confluence Spaces. I am the site administrator.
Pls share path to Archive & Restore.

2) Also can we archive Workflows ?

If yes, pls share path to Archive & Restore.

THX,

Adil

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

Hi @Adil Bulsara _ADIL_ ,

Spaces can be archived. To restore

1. Select Spaces in the Confluence top navigation.

2. Select View all spaces at the bottom of the dropdown to go to the Space Directory.

3. Select Archived in directory's navigation.

4. Find your space and click the "i" info icon to the right of the star.

5. Select Space settings.

6. Select Edit Space Details.

7. Change the Status field from “Archived” to “Current.”

8. Select Save.

All details in https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/archive-a-space/

Adil Bulsara _ADIL_ April 11, 2023

Thanks @Rilwan Ahmed ,

Is there a way, I can see all archived Spaces till date ?

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Adil Bulsara _ADIL_ ,

Go to main menu --> Spaces --> View All Spaces

In the next page, select Archived to see all the archived spaces 

image.png

Please accept the answer if my comment resolved your query. Users with similar query will find it useful. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2023

1) Can we archive Confluence Spaces ??

You can archive spaces. Here is the part from the end-user docs: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/archive-a-space/

2) Also can we archive Workflows ?

I don't understand the question. There is no such thing as workflow in the Confluence Cloud native features. Are you using an app?

Adil Bulsara _ADIL_ April 11, 2023

Hi @Aron Gombas _Midori_ ,

Thanks for answering Question 1).

Regarding Question 2), I am referring to workflows in the JIRA Projects, nothing to do with Confluence. 

Since we have so many Workflow schemes liked to various JIRA Projects, can we archive some workflows as well ?  Rather than having a 1000 w/f's, we would like to standardize the w/f's for our IT Team.

THX,

Adil.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events