Can we Copy website hosted in IIS to Confluence?

Raja Shekher Kammara April 3, 2015

We have a requirement, where we have 400+ websites hosted on IIS. How can we quickly convert Websites into Spaces and then those Webpages into Confluence Pages on Internal Hosted Confluence Version as well as on Cloud Hosted Version.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Thank you.

3 answers

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2015

Hi,

The only way I can think of is to create some app that takes the content of each page of your website, everything between the body tags only, and adds it to Confluence using their API. We are currently working on something similar. We have a bunch of content on google sites that we need to move over and this is the route we are taking. We created an app using Google App Scripts that will take the content of each web page and using Confluence's JSON-RPC api, we import them into Confluence one by one. It works well except for images. It will display them but the images still live on our server. We have to manually move them over at some point and re-link them. We can probably also come up with a script for this but don't have the time now.

This can be done in any programming language you want and is easier than the alternative of copy and pasting the content of each page manually into confluence.

SOAP or RPC api:

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-rest-api/confluence-xml-rpc-and-soap-apis

Or they also have a REST api:

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-rest-api

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2015

Hi Raja, 

We have this documentation which explains how to import other wikis into Confluence.

IIS isn't an issue, since Confluence can run with that. Can you let us know what are you running your sites? I mean, it's on wordpress or another kind?

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2015

He Raja,

As far as I'm aware there is not a ready to go solution to simply convert any kind of website to Confluence sad. For this task specifically I would advice you to reach Atlassian Experts for a quote free of charge.

If you get your hosted sites turned into spaces in your internal Confluence then you would need to do a space by space export to impot into Confluence Cloud (Make sure to Have your internal Confluence on the latest version):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Importing+a+Confluence+Space

Hope it helps.
Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events