Can the size of the Confluence Insert menu be resized?

Stacia Parfionov April 16, 2015

When the browser is resized too small, it appears that the Insert Menu is no longer scrollable. As such, users think that they can't insert a macro because that option is further down on the menu than what they can actually see.  (I've found that you can still scroll through the options, you just won't see the macros option when you land on it.)
While this problem isn't too frequent as long as our users are working the large monitors at their desks, it become quite problematic when they use their laptops and work from home or on the road.

Are there any options to resize in the Insert menu to prevent this problem? And/or are there any fixes available?  See screen shot to understand what I mean by "no longer scrollable".

broken-insert-menu.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Stacia Parfionov April 16, 2015

@Rachel Robins - Thanks so much for your speedy reply!

My suspicion was also that it was a browser compatibility issue, but we're running IE10, which the Confluence documentation claims is supported (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Supported+Platforms).

Having said that, we have run into a number of problems with IE and Confluence and/or plugins. For example, we have some users who have been unable to upload profile photos successfully in IE.  They don't get an error message, and they are uploading images that are small enough in size. The picture just never shows up. In place of the default blue and white graphic icon, all that shows is the background color. (See the screen snippet I included at the bottom of this post. It's a clipping from the People page. The user in the middle just has a blank space where her profile photo should be.)

Another example, Scaffolding forms span so far to the right that our users are only able to see one column (in the two column layout) when they try to edit the form. I had to put scaffolding fields into two columns in a table so that I could have a two column layout rather than use the default 2 column layout provided in Confluence.

A third example, our users often get a prompt asking whether they want to end a script running on our home page. (I think this might be tied to a subscription font used by ThemePress.)  No matter whether they choose yes or no, the home page never loads.

I realize that you can't speak to the issues with plugins, but is the profile photo a known issue? (I haven't found it documented anywhere.)  And, can you comment as to what level of testing is done with IE versus FireFox and Chrome?  We don't see these issues with either of those browsers.

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can offer!
Stacia

missing-profile-photo-blurred.png

Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2015

I'm not sure about the issues you're having with third party plugins, but if you are having issues uploading photos, that is definitley a problem we want to know about. Best way to get it investigated will be to raise a ticket with support at support.atlassian.com. They'll help diagnose what is going on and raise a bug if necessary.

0 votes
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2015

Hi Stacia, no, the insert menu can't easily be customised or resized.

Looks like this might be a browser specific problem.   I was able to use the scroll wheel on my mouse to scroll down to see the bottom of the insert menu in Chrome and Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events