Can the Word import into Confluence preserve font settings such as monospace fonts?

Dirk Jäger September 18, 2014

Hello,

I want to import a large number of technical Word documents into confluence. These documents describe some Java source code an therefore contain many Java identifiers within the text, e.g. names of classes or methods. To improve readability, identifiers are formatted in a monospace font (Courier New).

When importing the document to Confluence using the Office Connector, this format gets lost and identifiers just appear as any other part of the text.

I would like them to be converted into <code></code> elements instead. Is there any way to achieve this?

(If it helps, I could also change the format in the Word document to something the Office Connector would recognize.)

Thanks, 

Dirk

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2014

Hello Dirk,

I was able to replicate this one and opened a bug report for office connector here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35136

As for the moment, I believe there is no workaround for this. I recommend to vote and ask your colleagues to vote in the bug above to increase the popularity and the chance to implemented in a newer version of the office connector.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events