Can the Confluence Team Calendar be Connected to an Outlook Calendar?

If yes, would updates made in Outlook automatically sync to the Confluence Team Calendar?

If it can be done, how? I've searched all through the Confluence documentation and can embed a Team Calendar in Outlook (non-editable), but not the other way around.

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

There is no bi-direction sync available. You can sync Team Calendars one way only.

For instance in your use-case:

Please note, ANY Cloud-based calendar should be able to offer a subscription URL. I can't really provide a guide on each and every piece of software you use and neither can Atlassian I would say.

Thanks for the confirmation, really appreciate it.

Davin Studer Community Champion Aug 31, 2015

There is an enhancement request to get CalDAV into Team Calendars. Will it ever happen ... who knows? But give it a vote and hopefully they will add it in. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-113

Thanks Davin, I voted and also completed the survey.

Has anybody experience with the integration in Outlook 2016 so far?

I'm facing the issue when integrating confluence team calendars with outllook. When testing the connection in outlook (CalDav plugin), stuck with an error. CalDav Error.PNG

I am facing something link this, too.

Outlook 2010

I solved my problem: My Outlook profile seemed to have a problem. After I created a new one, the problem was solved.

Regards

Davin Studer Community Champion May 24, 2018

The answer to this now in 2018 is yes you can. Team Calendars now supports CalDAV.

I vote for it, but: see errors from Aarya and me, above. Do you have an idea for it?

You need to install a (free) third-party plug-in to get it to work. The plugin requires that the user's authenticate via entering a username/password into the "plugin profile". 

In an environment where passwords rotate monthly - this is a nightmare. Asking users to edit calendar profiles every time they change their network password is silly. 

Team Calendars cloud version supports CalDAV?

now cloud version number is 5.3.15

Why is the cloud version still using the old version?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

484 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you