Can the Confluence Team Calendar be Connected to an Outlook Calendar?

Michael Bond August 28, 2015

If yes, would updates made in Outlook automatically sync to the Confluence Team Calendar?

If it can be done, how? I've searched all through the Confluence documentation and can embed a Team Calendar in Outlook (non-editable), but not the other way around.

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2015

There is no bi-direction sync available. You can sync Team Calendars one way only.

For instance in your use-case:

Please note, ANY Cloud-based calendar should be able to offer a subscription URL. I can't really provide a guide on each and every piece of software you use and neither can Atlassian I would say.

Michael Bond August 31, 2015

Thanks for the confirmation, really appreciate it.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2015

There is an enhancement request to get CalDAV into Team Calendars. Will it ever happen ... who knows? But give it a vote and hopefully they will add it in. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-113

Michael Bond August 31, 2015

Thanks Davin, I voted and also completed the survey.

Doe February 15, 2018

Has anybody experience with the integration in Outlook 2016 so far?

Manikanta May 16, 2018

I'm facing the issue when integrating confluence team calendars with outllook. When testing the connection in outlook (CalDav plugin), stuck with an error. CalDav Error.PNG

Paula Dasch May 24, 2018

I am facing something link this, too.

Outlook 2010

Paula Dasch August 20, 2018

I solved my problem: My Outlook profile seemed to have a problem. After I created a new one, the problem was solved.

Regards

Vedant Kulkarni December 19, 2018

Hi @Paula Dasch,

How you did this?

Could you please provide me steps to achieve this?

Thanks,

Vedant

6 votes
Anke Viehweger June 19, 2019

Hi there,

Since is pretty complicated to sync the Team Calendars to Outlook, it's a good option to use Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 to display your calendars in the first place.

Our app Outlook Calendars for Confluence does exactly that. It provides you real-time data, so no sync is needed anymore.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217554/outlook-calendars-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Cheers,

Anke

Muhammad Farhan September 26, 2019

But your application showing only main calendar how Can I see all calendars which are visible in my outlook

2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2018

The answer to this now in 2018 is yes you can. Team Calendars now supports CalDAV.

Paula Dasch May 28, 2018

I vote for it, but: see errors from Aarya and me, above. Do you have an idea for it?

Vedant Kulkarni January 4, 2019

Hi @Davin Studer,

As Team Calendars now supports CalDAV, then how to connect to PR calendar on sharepont?

DO you have any idea about this?

0 votes
윤덕현 프로 August 2, 2018

Team Calendars cloud version supports CalDAV?

now cloud version number is 5.3.15

Why is the cloud version still using the old version?

0 votes
Paula Dasch May 28, 2018
IT Department June 3, 2018

You need to install a (free) third-party plug-in to get it to work. The plugin requires that the user's authenticate via entering a username/password into the "plugin profile". 

In an environment where passwords rotate monthly - this is a nightmare. Asking users to edit calendar profiles every time they change their network password is silly. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events