Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Confluence Chart Macro get data from another source, e.g. another page or an attachment?

software_tooling December 15, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Chart Macro

Can the Confluence Chart Macro get data from another source, e.g. another page or an attachment?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2016

Hi,

Short answer: No

Longer answer: The Chart macro gets its data from the table that you add within the macro on the page.  This means that you can't drop an Excel spreadsheet in or link from another page.  The only possible answer would be to use an Excerpt Include or Page Properties report within the Chart macro itself, but I don't know if that would work.

In the Atlassian Marketplace there are a number of paid-for and free add-ons that allow you to do this

software_tooling December 16, 2016

It works with Excerpt Include. Thanks!

exoticDFT January 19, 2018

@software_tooling How exactly did you get this working with the Excerpt Include macro? Did you add the macro in the chart setup under the tables section of the chart macro or somewhere else? Just started using confluence over the last few months, so I'm not entirely sure if this process is different from what you did over a year ago. Thanks for your help.

Deleted user March 2, 2020

@software_tooling I have tried this with both the excerpt include and page include macros and no joy. Does it still work for you? The chart does not render when I view the page. The chart does, ironically, render when I preview the chart macro while the page is in edit mode.

Like Bruno Fernandes likes this
0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2016

As Rob and Andrey already state: Any macro creating an HTML table will be rendered by the Chart Macro. We use it with our table macros as you can see in our blog post.

Comparison of Chart macro against Chart from Table macro on stiltsoft.com lists a number of macros (the Page Properties Report Macro being one of them) that will work with the Chart Macro and the Chart from Table Macro (see "Support for data tables generated by other macros").

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2016

Hi,

Alternatively you can use Chart from Table macro. It works with Page / Excerpt Include and other macros that produce tables.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events