Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use cursor up or down when editing code snippets within a table cell? (Confluence Cloud)

Maxwell Spangler December 7, 2019

I'm a long time Confluence user who is trying to use Confluence Cloud with its new user interface. I'm really struggling.

Right now I'm creating a table with three cells.  Columns one and two contain normal text and things are fine.

Column three contains code snippets.  They show up in a a monospace typeface with number lines and that's great.

When I place the cursor within the code text, I can cursor left and right to edit a line.

But when I try to cursor up or down, the focus leaves the cell and moves to another cell or outside of the table.  So the only way to edit code in this context is to constantly use reposition the mouse to each line.

If I place the same code snippet outside of the table, I can cursor left/right/up/down and edit the code content with no problems.

This problems happens with Chrome or Firefox on Fedora Linux 29. I doubt it's a platform or browser specific issue, but I'm trying to be helpful.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

Hi @Maxwell Spangler 

This happens to me as well. However, press ctrl and then use the up/down keys. That should do the trick!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events