Can't save changes on new pages

Martin Dumont March 9, 2020

Hello, I'm able to edit an existing page, but I can not create a new page.  It tells me Can't save changes.  Otherwise everything seems to be working fine.

I've unlogged and re-logged, without changes to the behavior.  Any ideas what I should look for?

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2020

Hello @Martin Dumont ,

We don't have enough information to try to determine where the issue is. What happens actually when you try to save the page? Do you get any error message? Anything else?

In case you don't get any error:

• Confirm the exact steps you are following
  • Let us know if the problem is happening only when creating pages in a specific space or if it does not matter (in case you only have one space, just try to create a new one and see if you are able to create a new page in there).
  • Create a new page, open the browser developer tools, try to save the page and check if you can see any error in the console or in the network tab of the developer tools.

Cheers,
Dario

Martin Dumont March 10, 2020

I took your advise and created another space.  This new space has 0 issues.  My two other spaces have the same "cans't save" problem. 

I've just tried backuping the space , deleting it, restoring it.  Same as before.

I just openned it to everyone, same problem.

The connection timed out

Check you can connect to the internet, then try reloading. If there's no problem with your connection, speak to your Confluence admin.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2020

Hi @Martin Dumont ,

So, if my understanding is correct:

• The problem only happens when creating new pages in 2 specific spaces that were already existing
  • The problem does not happen in newly created spaces
  • If you backup and restore the space you still have the issue

Is my understanding correct?

If that's correct, it seems to be the case that those spaces were having some restrictions set before and that's what can be causing the issue.

Indeed, as written in the Confluence Cloud plans documentation page:

Permissions aren't customizable and anonymous access isn't available on the Free plan. If your site has always been on the Free plan, everyone who can log in to your Confluence site can view, add, and edit spaces and pagesIf you change to the Free plan or migrate from Confluence Server to the Free plan, existing global, space, and page permissions will be kept in their current state, but anonymous access will be disabled. You'll need to upgrade again to change permissions or enable anonymous access. Read more about Permissions and restrictions in the Free plan

Therefore, can you kindly try to open up the space to all users as described in Permissions and restrictions in the Free plan:

Open up a space to all users

After you switch to the Free plan, any permissions you’ve set on a space will remain in place. If needed, you can open up the space to all users. This will let anyone with access to your Confluence site view the space, add pages to it, and more.

(!) You won’t be able to undo this action. If you need to reset the space permissions, you’ll have to go back to one of our paid plans.

1. Click the space’s name in the sidebar.

2. Click Space settings Permissions.

3. In the Upgrade for space permissions box, click Grant all users permissions for this space.

4. Click Grant permissions.

Please try to open the space to all users and let us know if this solves the issue.

Cheers,
Dario

Martin Dumont March 11, 2020

Indeed it seems that permissions are bad.

If that's correct, it seems to be the case that those spaces were having some restrictions set before and that's what can be causing the issue.

You are correct.  the thing is that I have tried setting "grant all users permissions", but the problem is still there.

I'm about to return to paid plan, unless you want me to try something else.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2020

Hi @Martin Dumont ,

At this point we have 2 options, and you have to choose which one fits best your needs:

1. If you don't need restrictions, space permissions, and so on, I can open a support request on your behalf so that Cloud Support can further look into your issue and fix it without changing plan (you keep the free plan).
  2. If you actually need to set spaces and pages restrictions then the best way to proceed is indeed to go back to a paid plan

Let me know what's best for you.

Cheers,
Dario

Martin Dumont March 13, 2020

OK, let's try that before going back to a paid plan.  Please open a Ticket.

Thank you very much for your help.

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2020

Hi @Martin Dumont ,

Thanks for waiting. I have opened a support request on your behalf (JST-559315).

Once the ticket will be assigned make sure to grant access to your instance to the assigned engineer.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events