Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reach confluence with tomcat running

Pat Condon December 12, 2014

I am working with a test system on local Windows 7 pc for upgrade testing.  I installed 5.4.4 after uninstalling 5.6.1.

The default tomcat service is running,

I have stopped and started the service

but http://localhost:8090/ gives me 404 error

Any troubleshooting suggestions are most appreciated

Thanks

5 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2014

May be the content is just missing, try http://localhost:8090/confluence same 404?

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2014

Pat, 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you running Confluence EAR/WAR version? Do you have your own Tomcat application and Confluence running together? 

I'm asking it, because only the Confluence EAR/WAR version need to have a Tomcat installed for yourself. Other versions (binary and standalone) already install Tomcat for you. Based on your description, it looks like you have two tomcats running on Confluence server and it might in conflict. 

Cheers, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes
Pat Condon December 12, 2014

Renato,

Thank you for quick reply.  I get the following when running your command:

TCP  0.0.0.8090  0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

running variation on command, it looks like tomcat6.exe is running on 127.0.0.1:8000 but that address is not accessible in broswer - not 404 error - 'The Connection was reset, The Connection to server was reset while the page was loading,...

Tomcat6.exe shows up on process list when "start Conlfuence' is run from Start Menu and 'Stop Confluence' makes process disappear

We have enterprise firewall that I don't know how to stop

Thanks

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2014

Also verify if the Confluence database is running and confluence can access it.

Cheers, 

Renato

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2014

Hi Pat, 

The code 404 means that the page wasn't find. 

Please execute the command below to make sure that Confluence is running:

netstat -anb -p tcp |findstr 8090

P.S.: If you changed the Confluence port, please change the 8090 for the port you have setup.

If you have a antivirus, could you disable it only for purposing tests and try to start confluence again? The same thing if you have a firewall.

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events