Can't move pages

Mark Lichtenberg July 22, 2013

Hi,

Using our Confluence onDemand, I am unable to move or re-order any pages except those in my personal space. I'm an administrator, so I do have view and add permissions on everything.

I've attempted this numerous times using drag&drop on the tree view via Browse -> Pages, as well as trying to move individual documents with tools -> move. In both cases the operation seems to be accepted but the page is never moved. No error messages are displayed.

7 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Applying the workaround listed in the issue below solved the issue for us.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29865

2 votes
Chelsea Morgan October 27, 2016

I found that the issue was trying to move a restricted view page to an area that's not restricted. I temporarily removed the view restrictions on the page and it moved to the new space and new location without an issue.

1 vote
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2013

Hello Mark,

This really looks like a permission issue, are you attempting to move the pages to a different space? In that case you may additional need permissions to do that, please note the following:

Notes about permissions:

To move a page, you need the following permissions:

• 'Add' permission on the page you are moving, and
  • 'View' permission on the page's parent page. So if you are moving the page to a different parent, you need 'View' permission on the new parent.

To move a page into a different space, you also need:

• 'Delete' permission on the space you are moving from, and
  • 'Add' permission on the space you are moving to.

Source

Please add additional context to this thread if the above pondering does not solve the issue.

1 vote
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2013

Hi Mark,

It might be possible that the ancestor table is corrupted. You can rebuild it by going to <Confluence-url>/permissions/pagepermsadmin.action >> Rebuild.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Jing Hwa

0 votes
Debbie Nicholas February 15, 2017

The available help articles (including the steps noted above) were unclear and did not resolve the issue for us. The issue was exacerbated by a deleted page in the tree on a versioned page.

The following steps were executed and finally fixed the issue. 

-        Disabled default logo (as referenced in the workaround)

-        Rebuilt the ancestor

-        Bounced the application

-        Tailed server logs to ensure the application is error free, since the fixes were database related

Note:  The last two items were executed in addition to what Atlassian recommended.

0 votes
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

Hi Mark,

Glad that you have found the workaround for now :). In the meantime I have reported this bug here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30068

All the best.

0 votes

Thank you, but that didn't seem to have any affect. The URL I had to use was <Confluence-url>/admin/permissions/pagepermsadmin.action as the one you posted wasn't found.

Debbie Nicholas February 15, 2017

The available help articles (including the steps noted above) were unclear and did not resolve the issue for us. The issue was exacerbated by a deleted page in the tree on a versioned page.

The following steps were executed and finally fixed the issue. 

-        Disabled default logo (as referenced in the workaround)

-        Rebuilt the ancestor

-        Bounced the application

-        Tailed server logs to ensure the application is error free, since the fixes were database related

Note:  The last two items were executed in addition to what Atlassian recommended.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events