Can't make space public?

Ryan Vasso April 28, 2021

I am trying to make an entire space public using these instructions: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/make-a-space-public/

When I go to global permissions, I see no option for anonymous.

When I navigate to space permissions, same thing. 

I could really use some guidance so I can make the space public. We are trying to use it as a self-help guide, but it's requiring a confluence login. Confluence.pngView Space Permissions - Reply Pro Guide - Confluence.png

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

If you don't get offered the anonymous access global permission tab as shown by Alexander, then I would guess you have enabled "share pages with non-users" permission.  That disables anonymous access, you can only enable one or the other.

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2021

Hi, @Ryan Vasso ! 

Welcome to the Community! 

Yes, you really can't configure it yourself, look at my screen - here a tab "Anonymous access".

Confluence.png

It seems to me that you doesn't have enoght permissions. Like told here :

You can be any number of these admin types:

• Product admins – There are two types of product admins that have access to the Jira or Confluence settings:

• Admins that belongs to the administrators group – administer product settings, but they also have access to the product themselves through this group.

• Admins that belongs to the <product-name>-admins groups – administer product settings, but they don’t have access to the product through this group.

• Site admins – They administer the users and groups for the site’s products. They have access to the site's Admin and access to the products through this group.

• Organization admins – They administer the organization and have access to the organization settings, which can be found at admin.atlassian.com.

Ryan Vasso April 29, 2021

I am the original creator of the account and all spaces - and am I listed as the org. and site admin. 

So it appears it's confirmed I don't have access to permissions I should have access to. Not sure what to do from this point? 

Ryan Administration.png

Jens Bothmer May 9, 2021

Any updated news on this? I am interested in the same solution. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2021

Do you have the anonymous access tab, and have you turned off the public links option in general config?

Jens Bothmer May 10, 2021

Confluence Cloud Standard:

• under "Globals permissions" > "Anonymous access" tab is not visible
  • Public links > Allow public links on Confluence is active
0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Yes. But step #4 is not visible: Set up public access _ Confluence Cloud _ Atlassian Support.png

Confluence (1).png

Also, to be clear, I am on a standard plan. 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

I am in free plan. Just inactive button

image.png

I am in the standard plan (trial) - but it doesn't even give me the option. By card is on file and ready to be billed. So not sure what I can do. Submitted an official ticket for help. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events