It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't login to confluence anymore

Hi,

i am using jira and confluence and use jira as user store for confluence. Don't know what happened, but I can't login to confluence anymore.

- Is there a quick solution to create a working admin user to login into the confluence configuration from shell?

- how can i get information about what is beeing wrong?

2 answers

Hi, 

you're right i am using confluence server. Regarding to the password restore mail mechanism, it's end with the following problem:

Cause

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate
    at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.updateUserCredential(CrowdServiceImpl.java:431)

caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate
    at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.throwError(RestExecutor.java:618)

Perhaps this is the whole problem. Could you help?

Hi,

thank you, the problem has been resolved. Due to configuration issues it was unable for confluence to contact the jira user directory. Both systems are not up and running

@Sebastian SchabbachDid you ever fix this issue? I just upgraded my confluence and now I cannot log into my confluence. :(

Same here, did this get resolved and how?

@Steve MontgomeryHi Steve, I figured it out by just copying over all my files from

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\jre\lib\security into the same directory. Which is probably why they want you to do a complete backup of everything before you upgrade.

I compared to the backup but in my situation the were the same. I ended up having to

1. enable temporary admin account. restart confluence manually.
  2. login with temporary admin account.
  3. re-establish the jira membership provider.
  4. change priority of the provider to the first option.
  5. reset my personal account "failed attempt" login count. <= had locked out
  6. logout of temporary admin account.
  7. login with personal account.
  8. remove temporary admin account.
  9. restart confluence as service.

A bit of steps but did do the trick.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

269 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you