It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't login from Chrome

Mac: 10.15.5. Chrome: 83.0.4103.116

When I try to login from Chrome, I get a pop-up sign in box. Signing in with my credentials just refreshes the sign in box. Other users in my company have no problem accessing Confluence from Chrome. And I can access it fine from Safari.

Here are the things I have already tried:

• Tried on two different computers. 

• Tried under different Google accounts.

• Reset all browser settings to their defaults, including cache and cookies

For now, I'm using Safari. But, I would love to get this working. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

By the way, I can access Jira from Chrome with no problem. But, if I click on a Confluence link, I'm back to the sign in box and unable to log in.

2 answers

Dear Scott,

I assume your Chrome browser has saved a cookie which is now somehow invalid. Clearing the browser‘s cache and all login data would help.

Kind regards 

Andreas

Please see bullet 3 above. I have cleared cookies, history, and even reset Chrome settings completely. I have even tried it from a brand new Google account that has never accessed Confluence before. 

FIXED. Turns out it was the "front door" that wasn't letting me in.

Hi Scott,

What do you mean by "front door"? Some people in our organization are also encountering the same issue.

We are running Jira and Confluence locally.  There is a login to gain access to the products - what I am calling the front door.  Then, you log in to either Jira or Confluence. I was trying to login to the front door with my Confluence user ID and password which was different than what the front door expected. 

Ok, so it was a login credential issue on your end. In our case, using the same login credentials work in other browsers; Safari, Firefox, etc., but fails in Chrome. Weird.

Thanks, we'll try to figure it out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in New to Confluence

Fast-track your Confluence onboarding with the Confluence product guides!

Hey there! New in town? Check out the new Confluence product guides! They are chock-full of helpful tips, tricks, and best practices to get you and your team started.  Here’s a quick overview...

82 views 3 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you