Can't log in

Test March 8, 2024

I have tried for over a month to log into my account. I always get the same issue:

""

It looks like our database is taking a little longer than usual to sync up. Wait a few moments then try again.

If you continue to see this error, raise a support request.
""

I have cleared all cookies, tried different devices and the same issue occurs. I can't raise a ticket since I am on the free tier. I got an automated email from Confluence saying that if I don't access my data in one month it will be deleted!

What can I do?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2024

Hi @Test 

I can see that your account is not a site-admin nor a billing contact for the account.  You will need to reach out to your site-admin in order to make sure they can login to the site.  The site-admin still shows as a valid account from our side.  I can hint that the account email address is in the format of s******@l*******.org

You will need that user to login to the site since they might be the only confluence user right now.

If you can't access that account, then I would suggest this link https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/purchasing-licensing?redirectSource=sac-wac-redirect#/?inquiry_category=your_account as it has a "need more help" where you can then create a support ticket with our support team that should be better able to help here.

Andy

Andy Hutchinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024

Thanks, this fixed my issue. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2024

@Andy Hutchinson ,

Your post is confusing. How are you related to the original post here? Maybe you are the original poster "Test"?

0 votes
Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2024

Hi @Test 

I see you have a free tier instance, how long haven't you logged on?

The free tier policy states;

If a Free site is dormant for 3 months, we will suspend the site. If after 6 months, the site remains inactive, we will delete the site.

Test March 8, 2024

I don't think it is deleted since the email sent to me suggests it is still active. Furthermore, the JIRA instance works fine for my user, it is just the CONFLUENCE instance that has an issue. 

"""
We haven't seen you use your Confluence product, on site ***.atlassian.net, for a while so we wanted to check in. If you do not start using your product, it will be deactivated on 2024-04-20. This will not affect other products that you are actively using.
"""

Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2024

Are you able to access the Administration of your Atlassian cloud via the menu in the main toolbar.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 16.36.35.png 

And then check your permission on Confluence?

If you can't access that, then you need to find the person who setup the cloud as they will be the org admin and site admin.

Test March 8, 2024

No I don't see that option. Here is what I think happened, 

I had an admin user xxx@mycompany.com

Then I changed my company name so I created a new user yyy@mycompany.com with admin privileges and deactivated xxx@mycompany.com

It seems that my new user (yyy@mycompany.com) has lost permissions (perhaps expired in some way). So I don't know what to do...

When I try to access Confluence through my original user xxx@mycompany.com I get this:

"""
Looks like your administrator has marked your account xxx@mycompany.com as inactive. Contact your administrator to solve this issue.
"""

Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2024

Hi @Test 

Then you have an issue, as only Atlassian can help you with this.

But as you are on free tier, you can't request help via support.

Hi @Jack Brickey

Would you be able to help @Test out as he needs Atlassian admins to solve this.

@Test please do provide the instance this is regarding to.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

I flagged for follow up. 

Like Marc - Devoteam likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2024

Hi @Test ,

are you the only user that is experiencing this problem? Are there any other users that can try to login?

Test March 8, 2024

I am the only user. All other users have been deactivated. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events