Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't import confluence space

Vitali December 26, 2022

Hi! I've exported confluence space from the previous project and try to import XML in a new project, but can't do it: the 'A space with key CO already exists' mistake appears, although I can't see an existing space. Could you help me to deal with this issue? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2022

@Vitali welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Space Keys must be unique in a Confluence Site. If you are importing a space from another site, but cannot view all of the spaces in the target site to determine whether there may be a conflict, I suggest you go to the site you are importing and change the key to something VERY unique before exporting. When you import into the target site you can then change the key to something more in line with the actual purpose of the space.

For example, if your space key is CO because the space name is Company, you may want to update the key to COMPANY prior to exporting and then once the space is imported you can update the key through trial and error.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/choose-a-space-key/

Good luck!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2023

@Vitali did my answer help you? If it did, please consider marking it as accepted.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events