Can't get single width section in new Editor

Mark Brunwin January 9, 2020

I have flagged this issue in the past - and there has been a flurry of activity on the Atlassian side after so many users complained at not being able to edit full width on pages using the new editor. 

But I simply can't find a way to open up a single column section using the editor. when you select the 'Layouts' menu item It offers Two equal columns, two unequal columns, three columns or the Bin. Nothing else. 

So my question is still... how do you ADD a single column section - which is what 99% of our content has today? Am I being thick here, because it was in the old editor (which we still use because of this issue)?Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 15.17.55.png

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

You're right, layouts do not do

• One column
  • Repositioning by dragging above or below each other

And sections have gone, so I'm afraid, we have lost the (incredibly useful in my opinion) functions that sections provided.  We can't do the most important things sections provided in the new editor.

You're not being thick, you're not missing anything, Layouts are downgraded sections.

You're right about the fuss, a lot of people have complained, and there's been some noise back from Atlassian.  Not a lot of hope yet, but at least there was something.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events