Can't get bitbucket to connect to confluence/jira/etc.

I work at a company with two separate JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket accounts. Initially, I signed up for Bitbucket under account A, and then, I created the new JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket set under account B.

Now, when I login to Bitbucket, all the JIRA/Confluence/etc. links are connected to accountA.atlassian.net. If I go into accountB.atlassian.net, all the links stay within that domain. Is there any way to move my Bitbucket account to accountB.atlassian.net?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Jason Worley Atlassian Team Aug 20, 2014

In terms of proceeding, you can merge the two accounts by following the steps here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Merge+accounts

Note: If you are an OnDemand account holder, Atlassian automatically created a Bitbucket team account for you when you signed up for OnDemand. You must use this team account as your KEEP_ACCOUNT when merging two Bitbucket accounts.

In your case that means:
KEEP_ACCOUNT = accountB
DISCARD_ACCOUNT = accountA

Once you have everything merged to accountB ... you can opt to rename the account from accountB to whatever you'd like by following the instructions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Rename+or+convert+an+account

I know that's a bit of a hassle but if you follow the steps exactly, it will work and you should be good to go. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

597 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you