Can't find the "Word Import" funktion

Jens-Uwe Berthold January 11, 2023

Hello,

I am new to Confluence and have the free version.

I wanted to import a structured Word file into a space as Structured Pages, but I can't find the function. Do I not have the rights to it in my version or where can I find it???

I have a youtube video that actually describes it...

Many Thanks

Jens-Uwe

1 answer

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hi @Jens-Uwe Berthold welcome to the community!

Could you please check whether you see an "Import" tab next to the Templates one when creating a page? This feature is also available on the free plan. I took a screenshot from it. :)

Xnip2023-01-11_15-10-34.png

Maybe it's also worthwhile to read this article in the documentation:

I hope that clears things up already. :) 

Best, Max

Hallo Max

Many Thanks for your help,

I found the import, but structuring the pages with headings doesn't work as easily as in the YouTube video.

I'll read through the article

Best regards

Jens-Uwe

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

You're welcome!

Are you referring to this behavior?

"When you import more than one file at a time, they are published as child pages under a restricted placeholder page (titled “Imported pages” with the date and time information). This means you can privately review the imported pages, then organize your content and set appropriate permissions ."

Maybe you can also link to the Youtube video here. :)

Best, Max

https://youtu.be/YL1DePY9nCc

In the (german) video, the pages are split by headings in one document. I guess it only works with multiple files...

Many Thanks

Jens-Uwe

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2023

Ah, okay, I see. Confluence 7.3.4, so not Confluence Cloud. If you compare the documentation for Cloud and Datacenter, you will notice that the "Split by heading" parameter, or any parameters, is unavailable on Cloud. :(

Like Elizabeth Barr likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events